16 July 2005

Things you see

Darwin
Ok so I think some people should not be out, well lots of people.Driving back from a long day at work 'FYI CCU is great' but anyway. I reach a large roundabout leading from the motor way to town and I get passed by a 12 year old Astra. Nothing special but this car was different. As it passed I glanced across at the driver and car. The chap driving was in his late 50's pottering along with no particular place to go and nothing to think about. I suspect he was probably thinking I wish I didn't have to you my spare keys and I wonder where I left my originals.
My deduction was due to the slightly mystified look on his face and the set of keys hanging from the passenger door lock.

So being the good Samaritan I thought I should let him know but by this time he had passed and my opportunity was gone.
Then at the main roundabout at the end of the motorway. I pulled along side him at the traffic lights.

Yes the shortest this driver could have been driving is about 6 miles at between 60-80mph all the time with these keys in the side door.
And it got me thinking that you really don't spend much time checking the car on the passenger side. This chap had probably been looking for his keys for ages.

I tooted waved tooted some more but still looking straight ahead and the lights changed and he carried on with his journey oblivious.
The car on the far side looked over but he just sat. So off he went round the roundabout and straight on to another section of the road in his own little world. You try and help but sometimes.


And when he reaches his destination hope fully someone will tell him about his keys.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home